At Evolve Therapy Group, we understand the profound impact that sexual assault and sexual abuse can have on individuals’ lives. Our specialized team of therapists is here to provide a safe and supportive environment for survivors of sexual assault and abuse to heal, regain control, and reclaim their lives.
Our Approach to Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Therapy:
At Evolve Therapy Group, we approach sexual assault/sexual abuse therapy with compassion, sensitivity, and a trauma-informed perspective. Our therapists have specialized training and experience in working with survivors of sexual trauma. We utilize evidence-based techniques to create a personalized and empowering therapeutic experience for our clients. Some of the approaches we employ include:
- Trauma-Informed Therapy: We recognize the unique needs and experiences of survivors of sexual assault and abuse. Our therapists create a safe and non-judgmental space where individuals can explore their trauma, process their emotions, and work towards healing and recovery.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is a widely recognized and effective therapeutic approach for trauma. It helps individuals identify and challenge negative thoughts and beliefs associated with their trauma, develop coping skills, and create healthier patterns of thinking and behavior.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing): EMDR is a specialized therapy that focuses on reprocessing traumatic memories. It helps individuals desensitize the emotional distress associated with their trauma and develop healthier perspectives and beliefs about themselves and their experiences.
- Mindfulness-Based Techniques: Mindfulness practices, such as meditation and breathing exercises, can help survivors of sexual trauma develop a greater sense of grounding, self-awareness, and emotional regulation. These techniques can be valuable tools in managing anxiety, depression, and other symptoms associated with trauma.
- Narrative Therapy: Therapy is a therapeutic approach that recognizes the significance of personal narratives in shaping our identities and experiences. It acknowledges that the stories we tell ourselves about our lives can greatly impact our well-being. In the context of sexual assault and sex abuse, narrative therapy offers survivors a platform to explore, reclaim, and reshape their narratives, ultimately fostering healing, resilience, and empowerment.
Approximately 12.3% of women report their first experience of rape or sexual victimization at age 10 or younger. Around 30% of women experience their first rape or sexual victimization between ages 11 and 17. Around 27.8% of men experience their first rape or sexual victimization at age 10 or younger.
How can therapy help those that have been victims of Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Therapy
- Healing and Recovery: Therapy provides a safe and supportive space for survivors to process their trauma, release emotional pain, and work towards healing and recovery. It can help individuals regain a sense of control over their lives and rebuild their self-esteem and confidence.
- Emotional Regulation: Therapy equips survivors with tools and techniques to manage and regulate their emotions. It helps individuals develop healthier coping strategies, reduce anxiety and depression, and improve overall emotional well-being.
- Post-Traumatic Growth: Through therapy, survivors can experience post-traumatic growth, which involves finding meaning, purpose, and personal growth in the aftermath of trauma. It can lead to increased resilience, self-discovery, and a renewed sense of hope for the future.
- Restoring Trust and Relationships: Therapy can help survivors rebuild trust in themselves and others. It provides a space to explore and address relationship challenges, establish healthy boundaries, and develop healthier patterns of communication and connection.
- Empowerment and Self-Advocacy: Therapy supports survivors in reclaiming their power and voice. It helps individuals develop assertiveness skills, set boundaries, and navigate the legal and support systems available to them.
- Community and Support: Engaging in therapy provides survivors with a sense of community and support. It connects individuals with a compassionate and understanding therapist who can guide them through their healing journey and provide resources and referrals to other support services.
If you are a survivor of sexual assault or sexual abuse, we want you to know that you are not alone. Evolve Therapy Group is here to support you on your healing journey. Our compassionate team of therapists work to ensure a safe and empowering space for survivors to heal, grow, and reclaim their lives. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards healing and reclaiming your power.